Are you ready to give up your traditional SMS interface
for something a little more modern? If you’re looking for better text messaging features, look no further than instant messaging apps. These simple applications work on any smartphone or tablet, and include plenty of great features to far outshine any traditional SMS system.
Here are just a few of the great features you can expect from an instant messaging app:
- Multiple media messages. Send your friends text, pictures, audio and video messages without worrying about failed downloads and format incompatibility issues.
- Instant messaging often allow you to customize everything from your background image to your font and more. Color code your friends, group them by location and enjoy making every chat your own both through conversation and visuals.
- Some instant messaging apps work as aggregators, compiling all your contacts from your phone and your desktop instant messengers into a single interface. They can be grouped by platform or name; you can even link together phone contacts to instant messenger contacts in order to fill out your list a little more efficiently.
- Instant conversation. While many SMS systems can take anywhere from a couple minutes to a couple hours to get through, instant messaging apps rarely if ever have that particular problem. These messages run through efficient third-party servers to reach their destination in a matter of seconds, no matter what OS they’re running. See more about this text messaging app facebook.
- Emoticon fever. While Apple is rolling out more Emojis this year, and Android is finally catching up with KitKat’s own unique emoticon keyboard, instant messaging apps usually put these lists to shame. Emoticons started in desktop IM programs, and the new mobile app versions have carried the torch proudly. If you prefer to communicate through tiny graphics, instant messaging is definitely the best choice for you.
- Better notifications. Instant messaging apps allow you to see when someone is typing or when they’ve entered text along with the standard push notification when a new message is received. You can also usually set a max duration for those notifications, meaning they’ll clear themselves out after a while, or come back later to remind you to respond when you have the time.
- There’s just no denying that instant messaging apps are much more usable than a traditional SMS interface. Whether using the stock keyboard or their own input device, these apps offer a user-friendly interface with font scaling and readability features that your stock SMS could never match.
- No character limit. All right, there is a character limit for most instant messaging apps, but it’s nothing like the limit of imposed by SMS service to this day. With this out of the way, you don’t have to worry about messages coming in broken up or out of order.
Regardless of which operating system your mobile device uses, there’s an instant messaging app that’s perfect for you. Find the features you want, get your friends on board and break free of that dreaded 160 character limit.
Here is a great example of what you want in an Iphone Messaging App.
To see more iphone messenger app video you can check this out on youtube.